ETX Data: Clinical
ETX vs Alprazolam (Xanax) - Comparable Efficacy On Drug, Continued ETX efficacy Post Drug, Superior Side Effect Profile
Note: Alprazolam, a highly addictive drug, is the most prescribed benzodiazepine in the USA market - 50 million prescriptions per year
Stein, Dan, 2015, Etifoxine Versus Alprazolam for the Treatment of Adjustment Disorder with Anxiety: A Randomized Controlled Trial, Advances in Therapy
- Comparable Reduction in Anxiolytic Ham-A measure on Days 7, and Day 28 during treatment,
- Continued Improvement in Ham-A score post treatment on Day 35 for ETX vs Alprazolam which showed slight rebound of anxiety
- Etifoxine Group - N = 95, Alprazolam Group - N=95
ETX Side-Effect Profile Superior to Alprazolam
- less somnolence, less fatigue reported in ETX group.
- More likely occurence of adverse events in Alprazolam group,
- AE's significantly more likely to be treatment related in Alprazolam Group vs ETX group.
- AE's continue after treatment in Alprazolam group.